A Message From Brian Hutchison, Operations Director For G1 Group
Life as we know it has changed considerably over the last few months, with everyone from all walks of life being impacted by COVID-19. We have been working to use our time as productively as possible, to ensure that we can welcome you back to a safe and comfortable environment, with even more enhanced safety and cleaning protocols in place than before.
With Government advice changing regularly, The Grassmarket Hotel and its parent company remain committed to not only operating within the realms of Government issued advice, but also our own policies which far exceed official guidance. We are people first, hoteliers second, and the wellbeing of our guests and our team members are our number one priority today and every day.
We have also been also looking at what our visitors will want from us as we move forward, and whilst you can absolutely expect the same warm welcome as below, here are some of the enhanced healthy & safety measures which we have implemented:
- We have invested heavily in the very latest Electrostatic Cleaning Equipment, which combines a specialised solution with air and is then atomized to produce positively charged particles to coat and completely disinfect the surfaces on which its used, creating a clinical grade level of sanitation. As well as being used in our bedrooms.r
- All employees have undertaken tailor made training which cover new cleaning protocols and a variety of best practice methods. Staff are also temperature checked at the beginning of each shift, and have full PPE which will be worn in line with the appropriateness for their role.
- Servicing of rooms will now be on an opt in basis, which our reception team will be glad to discuss with you upon check in. Should you wish us to refrain from servicing your room, please be assured that amenities such as tea, coffee, fresh towels etc can still be delivered to your room.
- Social distancing will be observed in all areas of the hotel, with traffic management systems in place and a variety of signage around the hotel to ensure your journey as a customer is as smooth as possible.
- You may be encouraged to use the stairs and not the lift unless you are hauling some sizable luggage (we’ve all been there!)
- There are a variety of sanitising stations located throughout the hotel for your comfort and wellbeing.
- Full breakfast menu with be served in our sister venue Biddy Mulligans from 9AM daily. The perfect way to start the day. Our reception team will discuss this with you upon check in, ensuring you wake up wonderful with us