Location Location Location – we are right in the thick of it no matter what time of year you visit there is always something going on at the Grassmarket… the hub of the old town of Edinburgh.
Located in the historic Grassmarket Old Town area in the heart of Edinburgh, just a 2 minute walk from the historic Royal Mile, The Grassmarket Hotel is a perfect base to explore the city!
Number of Adult steps to: (average stride – 60cm)
Castle – 420 (here or there)
Royal Mile – 334
Historic Cow Gate – 120
Train Station – 890
Number of GB Pounds for a:
Taxi from the airport – £25.00
Bus from the airport – £4.00
Tram from the airport – £5.00
p.s. golden rule; don’t talk to Edinburgh taxi drivers about the trams!
- THINGS TO SEE & DO WHILE IN EDINBURGH...
Unsure of what to see & do during your stay, here is a few help suggestions:
- Edinburgh Castle - Our world famous neighbour just around the corner from us. To book tickets click here
- Edinburgh Bus Tours - Take in the best of the city in one day with the option to hop on & off to explore at our leisure. To book tickets click here
- Royal Yacht Britannia - Was home to Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family for over 40 years, sailing over 1,000,000 miles around the world. To book tickets click here
- Edinburgh Zoo - Visit the UK's only two pandas, Europe's largest outdoor penguin pool & more. To book tickets click here
- Highland Explorer Tours - 1 day tours to the Highlands, explore Loch Ness & more. To book tickets click here
- Ghillie Dhu - A Traditional Scottish pub with live entertainment - to book a table click here
Ask at reception for further details